Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Little Things

Anyone who has ever been a missionary, or been away from loved ones for awhile, knows that homesickness can be a big part of the experience. The stress of lesson planning and grading, on top of missing family and friends, tends to bring one down. Fortunately, however, God always puts people in our lives to help us through the rough times. Today I was feeling somewhat overwhelmed with all that I needed to accomplish before tomorrow. The guys had a basketball game and, although I really wanted to go watch and support them, I decided to stay behind and work on class preparations. When my roommate, who had gone to the game with a couple of the other girls, arrived back at the apartment, she brought in a bunch of groceries that she had bought. Among the things that she purchased, her and another one of the SM's had thought of me and decided to buy me two of my favorite things on the island. Tears of thankfulness started to fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks. It truly is the little things that make the biggest difference in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment