Friday, October 9, 2015

Our Journey: Week of Prayer

This week was the week of prayer at Palau Mission Academy. The theme was "Our Journey." Some of the staff spoke, me being one of them. It was such a blessing for me to be able to share my story with these kids! The last speaker of the week was the principle, Abner Sanchez. God was definitely present in that chapel. I could feel it in the atmosphere and see it through the students' reactions. This week made me realize that there is never an end to our journey, and there are many experiences along the way that add to our growth. Our journey can impact us either positively, or negatively. The impact of the journey depends on how we choose to handle the experiences along the way. I realized that God gives us chance after chance after chance to allow us to handle a new experience in a different way, to shape us into who HE wants us to be. Another thing that became so clear to me this week, more than ever before, was that we are not alone on our journey. God is always there, walking with us, holding us, and giving us strength to walk on our own. All this time I viewed these experiences as "my" journey, but I was wrong. This whole time, it has been OUR journey. Mine and God's. Never once did I walk alone, or earn the right to say that this has been my journey because, without God, there would have been no journey, only aimless wondering. The best part about this whole thing, is that the journey has only just begun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment